How to Earn Extra Cash from Home – 5 Awesome Ways
When trying to find ways to earn extra cash from home, you need to focus on programs or websites that don’t take up too much of your time but also provide a decent amount of income.
What I like to do is combine several well-paying programs together in my daily/monthly routine… This results in more money overall in my wallet.
1. Take Surveys Online
Taking online surveys is one great way to earn extra cash, however you need to find the ones that will give you the most pay for your time. In other words, don’t waste your time trying to “qualify” for surveys only to find out you aren’t allowed to take it.
I have found 5 Online Survey sites that in my opinion are the best, mostly because they pay out big and they aren’t a huge waste of time.
I use these every single day and have been making money from each of them consistently every month. The key is to log into them every day and spend about 5 minutes or so on each one.
Placing them in your bookmarks is a great way to stay on top of them and remember to log in.
- PaidViewpoint – Short Surveys that pay well (no need to pre-qualify)
- Swagbucks – Surveys as well as other tasks ($10 sign up Bonus)
- Inbox Dollars – Surveys as well as reading emails and other tasks (payout is in the form of a check)
- UserCrowd– 1-2 minute (average) surveys about brands and landing pages (payout is in PayPal)
- Slice The Pie– Give your opinion about music, fashion, brands, and products.
2. Invest Your Money
If you have a little bit of money to spend, investing your money is a smart decision that will earn you more money in the long run. Let your money grow and make more money for you.
There are several ways you can invest your money, including putting it in a high interest rate Savings Account. Rather than let your money sit in a bank (or under your mattress), you can let your money grow through investments.
Here are a few good investments you can put your money in…
- Lending Club
- Peer to Peer Lending
- Invest in 3 or 5 year notes
- Diversify your risk
- Earn 3-8% annual returns
- Real Estate Investment
- Fundrise.com – Online Real Estate Investment Platform
- Design your own portfolio
- Earn 8-12% annual returns
- $500 minimum investment to get started
- Savings Account
- Find one with a high interest rate
- Look for savings accounts that are online (tend to have less fees)
- Aim to invest more money every month
3. Start a Blog
Starting a blog just like this one can make you a full time income if you know what you are doing. I started this blog website over 5 years ago and it has turned into my main source of income.
Best of all, it consists of passive income… which means that I continue to earn money even while I’m sleeping (or traveling the world).
Building a website and starting a monetized blog is not as difficult as it may sound. There is lots of training on how to do this online, but my favorite training program and my NUMBER ONE RECOMMENDATION is Wealthy Affiliate University.
Once you understand how to make money with a website, you can literally start making a monthly income as soon as you implement the strategies and techniques.
Quick Breakdown of how to make money with a Blog:
- Affiliate Marketing
4. Make Money with Google
Google even has a unique way for you to earn extra money… it is called Google Opinion Rewards. This is basically a reward based program in the form of an app.
By answering surveys that Google sends you, you earn rewards that can be redeemed within the Google Play Store. So this is not exactly cash in your pocket but it is Play Store credit that you can use to buy apps.
I believe that iPhone users are paid via PayPal, which does translate to actual cash. But if you are an android user, you will have to settle for Play Store credit.
5. Cash Back on Everyday Purchases
If you think about it, getting cash back for things you are already buying is kinda like earning extra cash. It’s a more sophisticated type of coupon system.
I prefer to get cash back credit cards and use those for major purchases as well as everyday purchases, but only if I can pay off the credit card every month. So in other words use cash back credit cards instead of using the money in your bank account and simply delay paying for the item and get cash back for the purchase.
Besides the traditional cash back credit cards, there are also other sites and apps that allow you to get cash back on your purchases.
I’ve listed my favorites below:
- App available in Play Store and Apple Store
- Connect your credit and debit cards to the account
- Shop and Dine out using your linked cards
- Earn up to 10% cash back
- Free and Easy to Use
- Get $5 for linking your first card
- Shop with Ebates and earn (in store and online)
- Get paid with a check or PayPal
- Double Cash Back Stores available
- Refer friends and family and get $25
Final Thoughts & Advice
As you can see, there are plenty of ways to earn extra cash from home. The key is to figure out which ones are best for you and your situation. You may not have a lot of money right now to get into investing, but maybe you can earn cash back or start a blog.
With any of these methods, you will want to at least invest your time in order to make the most of them and reach the most potential income.
Pro Tips and Tricks:
- Log into each Survey Site every day (twice a day if possible)
- Start with a high interest Savings Account if you only have a little bit of money to invest
- Join Wealthy Affiliate for FREE to learn how to make money with a blog
- Use Cash Back Credit Cards only if you can pay them off every month